Why is Social Status so Important to Men?
I have been answering your emails, every day, and the subject of “understanding men” from a man’s perspective has become a very popular subject, so let’s continue!
On February 24th I blogged about the 12 ingredients that go into men. Do you know them? You need to.
Today I want to talk about the 6th ingredient – Why is Social Status so Important to Men? And why it’s important for you to know.
We’ve covered winning and competition so status fits right in. Looking back as early as elementary school, I can remember battling for social status with my friends. I didn’t know, obviously, what was happening but I remember that school was a battle and I embraced it.
It was a fight to be liked. I needed to be appreciated and respected. It was a fight for the girls!
I wanted my voice to be heard and wanted to be seen and be the one setting the trends.
But I had Steven to contend with!
Steve was my arch rival. He was as good as or better than me in some areas and it pissed me off! Some days I would even punch things when I got home. Social status was that important to me.
There were followers too. Peter was a close friend of mine and he followed guys like me. He was weaker. Peter, and many others, were submissive so we got along. We held different levels of status and they were constantly in flux.
Steven on the other hand 😡
Looking back we were all fighting for social status. We wanted to be picked first on any team and we wanted the girls to only like us and no one else.
The Conveyor Belt to Manhood was being powered up and we were on it!
The boys who thrived had the upper hand in life. They had the confidence and the self-esteem to take on new challenges. Sure, some still failed later on in life but they had better odds because they carried status wherever they went thanks to their positive upbringing.
So where do you fit into this silly little boy social status stuff?
Women need to pick the guys that have status. If they don’t, they will be forever trying to fix a man and that never works.
4 Signs a Man has Social Status:
- His friends respect him. They rarely break plans and they talk highly of him to others.
- His family loves to talk about him. When Mom can’t stop telling stories of her son, then you know he carries status in the family too.
- Strangers act quickly when he asks for things. Yes, even strangers can tell when a guy of status is around because of his voice and body language. Look back when you were on a date at a restaurant and the guy orders exactly what he wants and he requests the perfect accompanying wine for the two of you.
- He has a good paying job and he makes enough money to provide, and then some.
Look for this in a man. If you do, you will be picking from the Lion Den and avoiding the wet kittens! This sounds simple enough but I can guarantee that many times you have ignored a man’s status and the role it plays in his (and your) life.
Why is Social Status so Important to Men? Summary
I can take ANY scenario, pick from the DNA tree (or the conveyor belt to manhood as I like to call it), and solve your problems that you have with men and now you can too!!
Next up, I will discuss DNA Imprint #7 – Men Love Challenge!
Gregg began his journey into understanding the mistakes we make in dating and how to fix them by interviewing thousands of people – happy couples, unhappy couples, singles looking for ‘the one’ and everyone in between. He reviewed his own dating experiences and combined all of this information into his series of dating advice books for men and women.
Latest posts by Gregg Michaelsen (see all)
- 10 Questions To Answer Before Moving In With Your Boyfriend – June 14, 2018
- Why Do Guys Ignore Me? 5 Guys Chime in with Your Answer – June 3, 2018
- We Slept Together Now What? 10 Ways to Recover – May 22, 2018