Women often get a bad rap for being moody, but the truth is, guys can be moody too! We ALL have our moments, but what happens when you have a moody boyfriend? You love him, but are his bad moods bringing you down? Are his bad moods causing you to lose confidence in yourself? Amber is our guest blogger today with some tips on how to deal with a moody boyfriend.
How to Deal with a Moody Boyfriend When He Pleads The 5th
If your boyfriend seems distant and quiet, he may be struggling to tell you what’s on his mind. Maybe he thinks you’ll judge him or be critical of him, which could be adding to his stress. If you’ve read To Date a man, You Must Understand a Man, you know men and women are drastically different in the way they communicate and love.
Women wear our hearts on our sleeves and shout our feelings from the rooftops. Men…. not so much. Make sure he knows you are there for him and willing to listen when he’s ready. Don’t pressure him — just be there, and be kind. Chances are, he will feel better once he lets it all out, and realizes he has someone in his corner.
It’s Not You, It’s Him
Remind yourself this too shall pass. Moods change like the weather, so if his crankiness is too much to take at the moment, don’t feel like you need to carry the weight of it yourself.
Go out with your girlfriends, hit the gym, or grab a book and head to the coffee shop – whatever you need to do to decompress. A little space will do wonders for you, and it will give him some time to work through what is bothering him. Just remember – whatever he’s dealing with is not your fault.
Hot and Cold
He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. It’s hard to tell when your guys is always either hot or cold. One minute he’s all into you, pouring on the affection, and the next minute he’s too preoccupied with his own issues to even notice you’re around. What gives?
Think of it this way. You know how guys think about sex 95% of the time? Well, the other 5% they have to obsess about something else. So if it’s not you, what is it? His job? His friends? His team losing the Super Bowl?
Whatever is weighing heavy on his mind, chances are he will be preoccupied. Men have a one-track-mind by design, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you.
How to deal with a Moody Husband: Bring On the Fun
Time alone can be helpful, but time together can also turn his frown upside down. Go ahead and distract him with something fun! Hit the bowling alley or arcade, watch funny YouTube videos or a laugh out loud comedy and cuddle on the coach.
You could also spend the day at an amusement park riding the roller-coasters, go for a bike ride together, whip up your favorite meal, put on your favorite song and dance in the kitchen, or just have a good-old make out session. Whatever floats your boats and gets his mind off his troubles!
Know When to Hold ‘em and When to Fold ‘em
We all get moody now and then. If your guy is having a bad day, a bad week, or even a bad month, try to be understanding. As long as he is kind and does not take it out on you (abuse of ANY kind is NEVER okay!), give him love, support, and some space to sort out his feelings.
On the other hand, if his moods are getting in the way of your happiness, it may be time to decide weather or not he is right for you. Remember Gregg Michaelsen’s dating advice for women —YOU are the chooser, and can have your pick of guys. Donald Downers need not apply.
How to deal with a moody boyfriend or husband is common issue. Use these tips above and watch his mood swing back to being happy again!
Do you have a question for Gregg? You can ask him a question for just $25! Click here – Ask a Dating Expert. That’s right, you can get an answer to the pesky situation you are in without full-price coaching! It’s quick, it’s private, and can help get your relationship back on its feet in no time. Gregg will personally answer your questions within 24 hours (sometimes sooner) and will provide one follow up question for clarification.
Gregg began his journey into understanding the mistakes we make in dating and how to fix them by interviewing thousands of people – happy couples, unhappy couples, singles looking for ‘the one’ and everyone in between. He reviewed his own dating experiences and combined all of this information into his series of dating advice books for men and women.
Latest posts by Gregg Michaelsen (see all)
- 10 Questions To Answer Before Moving In With Your Boyfriend – June 14, 2018
- Why Do Guys Ignore Me? 5 Guys Chime in with Your Answer – June 3, 2018
- We Slept Together Now What? 10 Ways to Recover – May 22, 2018