The Back At’cha
Bill: Honey, I’m going to be late getting home again tonight – sorry!”
Kate’s correct response, “No worries. Take your time, I’ll be out late with my friends.” immediately gets Bill’s attention! Here’s how:
- Bill will spend his time at work wondering what Kate is doing;
- Bill won’t be working late again any time soon – I guarantee it!
- Kate is showing Bill she is a Woman of Worth.
You might think Bill won’t care that Kate is out with her friends – you would be wrong!
Kate’s incorrect response, “Okay honey, I’ll just wait until you get home to have dinner. I’ll be here waiting for you” (meanwhile she is steaming mad at Bill. This response impacts Bill in this way:
- Bill will continue to work late because Kate essentially told him it was no big deal to her;
- Without words, Kate just told Bill that he is her hobby;
- Kate is not interesting to Bill because all she does is sit around and wait for him.