Stay One Step Ahead of Him
Bob: Angie, let’s meet up tomorrow night at the Pub! I want to see you!
Angie’s “Correct” response, “Hi Bob! Can’t do it! I’ve got plans but maybe next week, I’ll let you know!” tells Bob:
- She has a life outside of him-he’s wondering what she’s doing that she can’t meet with him;
- Bob thinks “I will not be outdone by another guy!”
- She is a challenge to him;
- She is providing a little bit of resistance, which makes him try harder;
- She is proving to Bob that she is a Keeper, not a Rest Stop!
- Bob has learned that he shouldn’t wait until the last minute to make plans with Angie – in other words, not to take her for granted!
You might think that this text will chase Bob away! It won’t! He is intrigued!
Angie’s “Incorrect” response, “Hi Bob! Sure, I’d love to go out with you tomorrow! I have no plans!” tells Bob:
- Angie’s chances of seeing Bob are now reduced to 50/50 (compared to 85% above);
- Angie is a Rest Stop – she had no plans – she has no other life;
- Bob doesn’t feel that he has to compete for Angie – she is not a challenge;
- Bob doesn’t even know why he has lost interest – he just knows she is no longer intriguing to him!